At The Bradford Board Of Trade our mandate, to enrich the lives of our member businesses, has not changed. We believe it is more critical than ever that the BBT support local businesses through community building, education and networking. We have had to change the way we deliver our services of promotion, advocacy and information sharing but our dedication to our members remains strong.
In the coming days, we will continue to:
- Share new legislation, information and directives as they become available via the established network of trusted authorities here and on our Facebook page.
- Remain dedicated to assisting local businesses in this time of incredible need. We are available to assist, guide and refer wherever possible. Make sure you let us know what you need by completing the Simcoe County survey or by sending us an email.
- Assist our members to network – online during this time. It is critical that we all do what we can to help local small businesses survive. We are actively sharing business updates from our members on our Facebook page.
Together, we will get through this. Stay healthy and help us help businesses prosper.
The Bradford Board Of Trade is keenly aware of the concern the COVID-19 Pandemic has brought to our members and BWG. Please refer to this page to find updates from all levels of government, as well as business resources to support you during this extraordinarily challenging time. We request that all businesses complete the Simcoe County survey, so that we may assist you in whatever challenges you are facing, as well, to gather the status of your business. It will assist us in updating the public via our website.
Updates are being released frequently in this very fluid situation. We will do our best to maintain this page as frequently as possible. Below you will find links to resources for business and government status updates & recommendations regarding COVID-19. Feel free to contact us if you have any requests or suggestions.
March 23rd, 2020 – Mayor Rob Keffer Declaration Of Emergency for Bradford West Gwillimbury – Click Here for details
March 23rd, 2020 – List of Essential Workplaces
Office of the Premier
For the purposes of this order, businesses include any-for-profit, non-profit or other entity providing the goods and services described herein. This does not preclude the provision of work and services by entities not on this list either online, by telephone or by mail/delivery.
Note that teleworking and online commerce are permitted at all times for all businesses.
March 31st, 2020 – Schools will remain closed for duration of April – article
Contacts At A Glance
Business & Financial Resources, please click logos below:
In an effort to monitor the progression of COVID-19 on local businesses, Simcoe County Economic Development, in partnership with our member municipalities, the City of Orillia and City of Barrie, is seeking your assistance in providing information on how we can best support you and your business.
COVID-19 Business Resources
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is taking many precautions to help protect our residents and businesses during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are aligning efforts between all levels of government, private sector support agencies, local community organizations and health authorities to ensure a coordinated response.
Information contained on this page helps link to various resources available to the business community. Please check back frequently as the situation unfolds.
Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
The Government of Canada is taking immediate, significant and decisive action to help Canadians facing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
On March 18, 2020, the Prime Minister announced a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy during this challenging period. These measures, delivered as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan, will provide up to $27 billion in direct support to Canadian workers and businesses.
· Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
· Working capital loans of up to $2MM with flexible terms and payment postponements for up to 6 months for qualifying businesses.
· Postponement of payments for existing BDC clients with total BDC loan commitment of $1MM or less
· Funding may also be in the form of guarantees provided by BDC to Banks, or BDC may step in to take over debt and reduce the risk to the Banks
· New loan guarantee program through the EDC Business Credit Availability Program Guarantee (EDC BCAP Guarantee)
· Offers financial institutions a guarantee on a client’s operating loan or one year working capital term loan.
· Some key insights include on the EDC BCAP Guarantee:
o A program built on the same principles as the Export Guarantee program with expanded risk appetite targeted at SMEs
o A 75% guarantee to your FI on the underlying credit facility
o Up to 1 year on an operating line up to $5MM
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Helping to improve outcomes for children, youth, families and individuals who need support, advancing the interests of women across Ontario and helping new immigrants settle and integrate.
We will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to:
- workers who must stop working due to COVID-19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
- workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19.
- working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures.
- workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
- wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.
Employment Insurance benefits and leave
Employment Insurance benefits and leave information for workers, families, fishers and sickness, as well as how to apply and submit a report.
Apply as soon as possible after you stop working. If you wait more than 4 weeks after your last day of work to apply, you may lose benefits.
Farm Credit Canada (FCC) has developed a program to help agribusinesses and food processors operate through this challenging period.
- A deferral of principal and interest payments up to six months for existing loans; or
- A deferral of principal payments up to 12 months
- Access to an additional credit line up to $500,000, secured by general security agreements
Businesses need to be prepared for any human-resources or operational-related disruptions. It is important for organizations to consider whether and how some aspects of their operations can be continued remotely. While some companies have opted to have their staff work from home, working virtually is essential if quarantines and self-isolation are required. It is equally important to anticipate staff absences for periods of about two weeks at the height of a severe pandemic wave, and lower levels of staff absence for a few weeks either side of the peak.The guidelines and resources contained in this toolkit have been prepared to help businesses plan for and adapt to the disruption of COVID-19 and any future influenza pandemics.
COVID-19 information & updates, please click below:
Learn how the Ministry of Health is helping to keep Ontarians safe during the 2019 Novel Coronavirus outbreak. Find out how to protect yourself and how to recognize symptoms.” Regularly Updated
The Government of Canada has created the infrastructure to respond to the public health threats of the virus, and is well prepared to act—in collaboration with provincial and territorial governments and international partners—to minimize the health, economic, and social impacts of this rapidly evolving public health issue.” Regularly Updated, many links to programs, reports and more.